How Do I Pursue A Dog Bite Claim?
Getting bit by a dog can be a frightening and traumatizing experience. While some dog bites are minor, there are dog bites that can cause serious damage and injury. Severe dog bites or dog attacks can cause nerve damage, severed fingers, severed limbs, disfigurement, prominent scars, and emotional trauma. If you have been bitten or attacked by a dog, it is imperative to contact an experienced dog bites attorney who is familiar with the dog bite laws in Davie, FL and Broward County. If you are a victim of a dog bite, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. A personal injury attorney who is well-versed in Florida dog bite laws can help you pursue a dog bite claim efficiently and effectively. The law in Florida specifies that dog owners are responsible for their dogs’ actions. Regardless of whether a dog bites someone in public or private, an owner can be held liable. Therefore, in many instances, it is reasonable to file a claim for damages against the dog’s owner.
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Dog Bite Injuries In Florida?
- Under What Circumstances Would A Pet Owner Not Be Held Liable?
With the assistance of a dog bites attorney, you can take the following steps to file an injury claim:
- The first step in a dog bite or attack is to document the incident as much as possible. It is essential to take pictures of the injury or injuries, the location, and the dog. If there are witnesses, you should gather their contact information and statements. Statements from witnesses that saw what happened can help substantiate your claim to damages. You will also need to collect the dog owner’s information. It is helpful to find out if the dog owner has an insurance policy that covers dog bites. If the dog owner is not present, try to locate them. Any other information that you can collect at the time of the incident will greatly assist your claim and personal injury attorney.
- After gathering all relevant information from the incident, you must seek medical attention and report the dog bite to the authorities. The authorities can create a police report detailing the incident, which can help your claim. Seeking medical attention is not only necessary to treat your injuries, but to also document all of the treatment you are receiving.
- Lastly, you will need the expertise of a dog bites attorney to help guide your claim. Contacting a personal injury attorney who specializes in dog bites in Davie, FL and Broward County is paramount. Your personal injury attorney or dog bites attorney will take care of all of the paperwork, evidence, and negotiations with the other party. If your claim cannot be settled outside of court, your dog bites attorney can help take the matter to court.
At The Longo Firm in Davie, FL, our personal injury attorney is committed to helping dog bite victims throughout Broward County. Our aim is to make sure that our clients collect the compensation they deserve for their damages. While you focus on recovery, we will work hard to ensure a favorable resolution to your claim.