The Longo Firm P.A.

12555 Orange Drive
Suite 233
Davie, FL 33330

Call Now For A Personalized Consultation

(954) 546-7608

The Longo Firm P.A.

How to File a Cruise Ship Accident Case

  • By: Micah Longo, Esq.
  • Published: July 25, 2017

Click here to get the video explanation of “How to File a Cruise Ship Accident Case”

Attorney Micah Longo of the Davie personal injury and employment law firm, The Longo Firm says, “probably the most important questions is when and where do I file my cruise ship accident case? Most cruise lines will dictate when and where on the ticket contract you signed with the cruise line. However, each cruise line has different requirements for claims filed and lawsuits filed.

Generally, most cruise lines will require claims to be filed within 6-months, lawsuits within 1-year and filed in the Southern District of Florida (Miami). So, even if you live outside the state of Florida or your ship departed somewhere other than Florida, you’ll still likely need to hire a South Florida lawyer to file your Cruise Ship claim and/or lawsuit.

Now, this isn’t always the case. Sometimes the claims must be filed in other states and within a much shorter time period. The overall thing to remember if you’ve been hurt on a cruise ship is to immediately contact a lawyer to find out when and where you must file your claim. The longer you wait for the great your chance of blowing a statute of limitations and being forever barred from bringing a cruise ship accident case again!

For more information about Cruise Ship Accident Cases please visit our website at and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel!

The Longo Firm
Micah J. Longo
12555 Orange Drive, Ste. 233
Davie, FL 33330
Tel: (954) 546-7608
Fax: (954) 944-1916

Micah Longo, Esq.

Attorney Micah Longo is the founding member
and managing attorney of The Longo Firm. A
Pennsylvania native, Micah Longo...Read More